About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 19 January 2019

Sticks & Stones: Valentines Edition

I haven’t posted a Sticks and Stones post in months, so here’s a swift recap. I find/post a fashionable walking stick and show how it can be teamed with various pieces of clothing and jewellery to show how I would put together a hopefully fashionable look. So this post with is influenced by Valentines Day. Lots of pink/red/hearts with a romantic vibe thrown in. 

I found two pink/ heart walking sticks. The first is from Gastrock via EBay UK and the RRP is £68.5 and £6.85 postage. I have had a few walking sticks from this brand and they seem to be very well made with slightly unusual patterns/ colours. It is an adjustable Derby cane. It is adjustable from 85cm-95cm.  It is matte pink with a heart print all over it.  The handle is quite comfy to hold. It is made from carbon and so it is quite lightweight (210g) and easy to manage. 

The second pink/heart walking stick that I found is more purse friendly.  This one is made by Classic Canes. The RRP £32.95. The shaft is a dark pink with white hearts embossed on the front of the cane.  It is an adjustable Derby cane. The cane is adjustable from 70cm to 93cm. The stick weighs 260g. I have reviewed. Massive Canes several times. They are comfortable to use and well made.  



I would team these walking sticks with black boots, lots of heart shaped jewellery and black boots or ballerinas. A floaty grey skirt would contrast well with the pink. I would toughen the look up with a leather jacket.




4 comments:

  1. Great idea - never thought of pairing my walking aids with my clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are such lovely pieces of clothes.

    I must admit I love shopping :)
    -Lena

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, I love the second cane in particular. Your ideas for complementary clothes are perfect.

    ReplyDelete