About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 26 November 2019

Review: Rituals, The Ritual Of Hammam

Rituals have a beautifully packaged line of gift sets which focus upon a certain issue, purification, relaxation etc, I chose The Ritual of Hammam purification medium box (£29.95) as I wanted to try the hot scrub and the body mud - all the items in the gift box are available separately. 

 The five step Hammam ritual aims to cleanse the body and soul. (All the products are great for winter as they are infused with eucalyptus and rosemary to boost, invigorate and rejuvenate the senses).



The black soap is used first to cleanse the skin. Apply a thin layer then wash off . Although the colour of the soap can be a bit disconcerting, it didn’t stain my shower or towels and I did feel squeaky clean after using it!








Next apply the sea salt hot scrub either as a layer on top of the black soap or after the soap had been washed off to exfoliate. I could this enjoyable to use and have already repurchased a larger tub. The scrub feels invigorating and not too harsh on the skin. 







The purifying body mud is another of my favourites! Massage it on to the skin, leave to sink in for a few minutes then wash off. This step helps combat ageing and deep cleansed the skin. 








I found the foaming shower gel difficult to use as the part you press on is quite stiff and I have poor hand control. The product is a gel as it is squeezed out and transforms into a foam. The product itself is nice and very foamy- I have used it to create a foam on my bath water when I have been on holiday and forgotten my bubble bath.






The whipped body cream is the final step in the process and I shall review this separately as it isn’t part of this gift set. 

  I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own






11 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE- perfect gor gifting too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to a Hammam Spa here in Canada, the experience was out of this world and I would do it again for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift, very unique and something I would never splurge to buy for myself... maybe if I leave this on my computer screen my husband will "accidentally" run across it LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow what a great gift set! I love the sound of the whipped body cream, I may treat myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...I've always been a "use whatever soap is sitting there" kind of person, but I have a couple of people to buy for this year that might find this very interesting.

    I've never heard of a hammam ritual before today...You've given my new thing to learn about today. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful gift set! The packaging looks wonderful, and everything inside sounds really interesting, especially the scrub. This would make such a nice gift! - Ola

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been to a Hammam Spa. You have managed to make me so curious now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful gift set. This would fit perfectly in my self-car boxes I'm making :) Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh this would make an amazing gift! Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of a hammam spa before. This is very interesting. This package seems to be partly ritual and partly luxury. And the foaming gel is also very interesting. I have never heard of a gel that turned into a foam. Maybe I need to try more spa products, lol!

    ReplyDelete