About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 13 November 2023

Erstwilder Brooch Converters Set & Chain


I saw the Erstwilder brooch converter set (£4.25) and necklace chain (£4.25) when browsing the Wednesday Jones website during the launch of the Jocelyn Proust x Erstwilder collaboration drop. I was interested as although I have reviewed brooch converters before, this set is reasonably priced and I wanted to see if it was any different. I selected the chain simply because it has the Erstwilder logo on the extender. 

The necklace measures 40cm with an 8cm extender.. the tag on the extender has the Erstwilder logo embossed on it. The chain is stainless steel and rhodium plated. It doesn’t look or feel like a cheap chain. It is quite lightweight and the lobster clasp is easy to fasten.

 The brooch converter set consists of a vertical and horizontal component. They are quite easy to use, just slip the correct converter on to the pin (making sure the flat side of the converter faces the back side of the brooch and pin it in place. Then slide the chain through the bale. The  converters are brass with rhodium plating. I wasn’t as impressed with the converters. The piece where the pin fitted through wasn’t long enough so the brooch wasn’t securely fastened in place and slid around on the converter. It was adequate but nothing special. I would prefer it if they sold sets which fitted different pin lengths. 

I never wear my Erstwilder brooches as brooches so I was pleased to see a chain that matches the branding of my brooch collection and it is very reasonably priced. I would recommend. The converters are adequate and again reasonably priced but aren’t any different to similarly priced sets. Wednesday Jones as a website provided excellent customer service, answering my emails promptly and politely. My order arrived within 48 hours with a free teabag! So I would definitely use this website again.

I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment