About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 10 April 2024

Book Review: Her Secret Baby Confession by Juliette Hyland

Her Secret Baby Confession by Juliette Hyland is a Mills & Boon Medical romance and the second novel in the Hope Hospital series. 

Jackson Peters, a nurse anaesthetist and Dr Ryann Oliver, a trauma surgeon had baby Alya after a one night stand in Hawaii. Jackson never thought he would be a father and has lots of emotional baggage dating back to being abandoned as a very young child. but Ryann has spent the past year trying to firstly tell him sw was pregnant and then that she had had a baby girl. She finally tracks him down to Hope hospital Arizona where she obtains a job as surgeon so she can finally tell him. The story unfolds from there. 

 I enjoyed this book because for once the heroine is the surgeon and both main characters are 40ish with interesting backstories. As someone who lives in the UK I was interested to read this medical romance which very slightly touched on the issues that shape the US - more black women die in child birth for example which I don’t think has ever been addressed in any othe medical novel I have read. 

I disliked the lack of tension and chemistry between the couple. There was a lack of a build up between the pair. was focused on building the perfect family life, whilst one of Ryann’s dominant storylines  was that she was obsessively focused on her elimination diet so she could breast feed. 

A bland book that lacks something to make the characters likeable. A shame as the premise is great. 

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted



No comments:

Post a Comment