About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 1 April 2024

Westlab - A Revitalising Combination of Epsom Salts & Reviving Shower Gel For The Perfect Reviving, Relaxing & Revitalising Bath.

 I have chronic pain 24 hours a day and stress and medication triggered psoriasis on my scalp, face an shoulders. When I am having a flare up either condition and to keep my skin under control I enjoy a long soak in a warm bath filled with half a bag of Epsom bath salts. As they are odourless and leave the water clear they don’t make the bath fun, it seems to be just functional. I saw the Westlab bath and shower gels and thought I could combine the two.

The Westlab Epsom bath salts cost £3.19 and the Westlab reviving bath and shower gel £4.99. I used half the bag of the 1kg bath salts and a good squirt of the shower gel to make a foamy bath. 

The shower gel added a hint of luxury and relaxation to my bath. The gel didn’t irritate my skin as it is  SLS free, made with Epsom salts and has magnesium sulphate in it to relax the muscles. I found using it as a bath foam made my bath very relaxing, but also reviving and revitalising. The fresh lemony spa like scent made me relax a lot quicker. The bubbles felt thick and luxurious making the whole experience more sensorial. 

The bath salts are bath salts. They dissolved easily in the bath, leaving the water clear and odourless with no gritty pieces to stand on when getting in and out. 



I felt relaxed and my pain noises quietened down for a few hours which I was pleased about after my bath. As someone with chronic pain I am always looking for ways to reduce it and I find bath salts and a warm bath so help. My psoriasis didn’t flare up as it is normally prone to do if I get too hot or try new products which, again, was a bonus. I enjoyed both of these products and will repurchase.


I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment