About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 11 April 2024

Book Review: Reluctant Bride's Baby Bombshell by Rachael Stewart

Reluctant Bride's Baby Bombshell by Rachael Stewart is part of the four part one year to wed series published by the True Love series for Mills & Boon.

Eve fled the Australian outback and her home town of Marni after discovering her parents had lied to both her and to her sisters. She has built a life in London and a loving relationship with her maternal grandparents whilst remaining estranged from her parents and sisters. She returns home after her father dies to discover that to inherit the cattle station, Garrison Downs,  the sisters must all marry within a year. Nate Harrington is the son of George who was Eve’s father’s lawyer. As he is I’ll Nate has move home and taken over his practice. Nate resents his father but slowly discovers her was absent for most of his childhood as he was busy helping others. Nate and Eve meet and have a one night stand the night she returns to Marni. She finds out she is pregnant and the storyline goes from there. 

The storyline is very formulaic and there is nothing fun or memorable about it. The characters don’t seem to gell or work very well together. I also thought that they didn’t really catch the reader’s attention.  I enjoyed that that bothe characters worked through their childhood and parental issues. I wouldn’t reread this novel and normally I enjoy Rachael Stewart’s books. 

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted


No comments:

Post a Comment