About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 8 August 2024

Book Review; Reclaimed With A Ring by Louise Fuller

  

Reclaimed by a Ring is written by Louisr Fuller and is part of the Mills & Boon Modern Diamond Club mini series. 

Trip Winslow has returned to New York and his multi billion dollar empire in New York after experiencing 5 weeks of captivity in Ecuador. He was kidnapped after going there to try to find his father’s mistress. His business advisers tell him that his stock holders have lost faith in him and he needs to bring stability into his life otherwise he won’t regain control of his company. He announced that he is engaged to Lily Dempsey, a senator’s daughter who he was seeing for 2 months before his disastrous trip. Unfortunately they split rather acrimoniously. He gets Lily to agree to a fake engagement/ marriage by kidnapping her. He uses Lucas, her fragile brother, as leverage to blackmail her into cooperating. Slowly the fake engagement feels real but can their relationship survive their insecurities? 

I didn’t enjoy this book as much as I thought I would, I really like the author’s books but this one dragged. There was too much dialogue. It would maybe have been better to publish it as a True Love novel as they seem to focus more on dialogue between the characters.   Trip and Lilys’ background stories seemed too busy and she didn’t build on them. Trip, for example, had ADHD, was very much the younger spare until his much older brother Charlie died. His mother ignored him and he discovered his “perfect” father had been having an affair. Lily had even brought up under the glare of social media as her father was a Senator. Her looks were crucified and she retreated from public life. Her first love had also taken advantage of her insecurities. None of these themes developed through the book but were just touched upon and never mentioned again. It was a book with a potential and if I hadn’t read several of Fuller’s  book I would have though it was great but comparing it to them it was just good but I wouldn’t rush to reread it. 




love Mills & Boon UK and I think you will too! Click my personal referral link to get a discount on your first purchase http://rwrd.io/f4yjeqp?c 

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted 


No comments:

Post a Comment