About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 28 November 2018

Review: Lush Honey Lip Scrub.

Lush have a great line of affordable lip scrubs. Some are seasonal and others permanent. The Honey Lip Scrub is part of the permanent line and retails for £6.50 for 20g. I reuse the glass pots by decanting face masks etc in them to use when travelling/ hospital stays.

I need to exfoliate my lips regularly or they become painful, sore,  Sahara desert dry and flaky very quickly due to my fentalyn/morphine patches. As the cold weather approaches/ central heating etc is put on and cranked up, my lips get even worse plus I also like to wear liquid or matte lipsticks which don’t look great with peeling dry lips! I normally bulk buy the LE Christmas Cola lip scrub but they have discontinued it so I decided to try the honey version.

The product claims Stay honey-mouthed and sweet-lipped wherever you go. Rub this sugary scrub over your lips and let spoonful of honey smooth your smackers. The menthol of peppermint oil cools and freshens, while sweet wild orange oil gives you a buzz. Get your honey for nothing, get your lips for free.  

The scrubs, like all Lush products, are handmade. The Honey version is a combination of honey, white chocolate, vanilla and jojoba oil to moisturise the lips.  It is suitable for vegetarians. To use take a pea size amount and rub it over lips until they are soft and exfoliated. Lick (or wash off) the excess.

I don’t particularly like the taste of honey or white chocolate but the taste and smell were okay and not overpowering. I loved how moisturised, exfoliated and healthy my lips look after using the scrub. No flaky bits to tempt me to pull at, my lips felt and looked softer but not greasy and slightly plumper.  After a few uses my lips are no longer dry and flaky to the extent they are painful. They don’t look chapped and sore anymore which is why I will continue to use the honey version despite not particularly liking honey!


I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog post are my own.



4 comments:

  1. Great review. My lips or rather my skin in general gets very dry this time of year. I haven't tried much of the Lush skincare range - is this one dairy free? I'm asking because of the white chocolate and allergies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi here is a list of ingredients https://uk.lush.com/products/honey-i-washed/honey it says the white chocolate is vegan. Maybe email lush cs to check?

      Delete
  2. Sounds devine - one to add to my collection - sure my neices will love it too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love Lush. I'll look out for this next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete