About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 29 April 2021

Book Review: Stranded for One Scandalous Week by Natalie Anderson (M&B)

Stranded For One Scandalous Week is the newest Mills & Boon Modern novel by Natalie Anderson. Merle, an archivist has just started her dream job in an abandoned mansion on New Zealand’s Waiheke Island. She loves it because the mansion is both isolated and luxurious. Employed by the owner’s friend she is shocked when Ash, a renowned playboy turns up to stay for a week at his mansion. He first encounters Merle in the bath and is surprised that she doesn’t naturally fall for his charms. As their interaction moves from antipathy, to banter and finally sizzling chemistry during their week together plus being locked in the bunker together, will their relationship thrive and flourish?

On the face of it this follows the traditional M&B method. There is the virginal book worm - Merle and outgoing playboy - Ash. As the story and characters develop the author allows the characters to develop and grow out of these stereotypical personas. Merle is struggling to come to terms with feeling unloved and ignored during her childhood whilst Ash is also having to come to terms with his father ignoring him as a child. These issues have shaped the characters as they start their journey at the beginning of the book but can they break free and have their HEA?


I love Mills & Boon UK and I think you will too! Click my personal referral link to get a discount on your first purchase http://rwrd.io/f4yjeqp?c 


 I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted

1 comment: