About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 28 April 2021

Review: Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips 2 Angel Alessandra Lipstick


I bought this lipstick ages ago but forgot to put my review online. The Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips 2 collection features 11 lipsticks which are refillable, interchangeable and inspired by 11 inspirational women. The lipsticks are made from either Charlotte Tilbury’s K.I.S.S.I.N.G formula so your lips will remain hydrated, moisturised and kissable whilst wearing this lipstick. The inclusion of 3D glowing pigments gives the lips a glow from within, creating a satin, creamy plumped up appearance or Matte Revolution which leaves a matte finish, whilst also hydrating and moisturising the lips. 

There is also a fantastic charitable element to this collection. When launching the Hot Lips 2 Collection, Charlotte Tilbury also announced the collaboration with Women for Women International to inspire #lipstickconfidence and change the lives of millions of women who have survived war by pledging £1 million of Hot Lips sales to this charity. 

 

I chose the Angel Alessandra shade primarily because I loved the outer casing. The eyes of the  black panther are mesmerising and I love the way the cat is prowling up the side of the lipstick case. The Charlotte Tilbury logo is embossed on the lid  (a great way to find the lipstick if you are searching in a make up bag for the lipstick, or, if your sight is impaired you can just feel for the logo) and a pair of lips are embossed on the lipstick itself. If you purchase a lipstick either online at CharlotteTilbury.com or any of their stand alone stores you can mix and match the design of the case to your lipstick shade. 



I bought the Angel Alessandra (£28) shade. This is a peachy nude sunset hue with a creamy satin finish. It went on very smoothly and one swipe was enough as the lipstick is very pigmented. It is a very natural looking shade, it makes your lips look healthy with a gentle wash of colour.  The lipstick is light and light to wear but did fade (very elegantly) quite quickly. I like the colour more than I thought I would do and I will try the Matte revolution formula once I have used this one up.  I enjoy wearing it and I would repurchase.


I purchased the item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own  









2 comments: