About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Friday 8 October 2021

Review: Classic Canes Bats At Night Derby Walking Stick



I haven’t purchased and reviewed a walking stick for some time but I as I was browsing the Stick and Cane website I noticed that Classic Canes have launched quite a few walking sticks in their Contemporary Chic  Derby Adjustable Stick. The patterns include ladybirds, owls, birds and bats. I want them all, but restrained myself and chose the bat themed walking stick. 

The Bats at Night walking Stick (£46) is adjustable, collapses into four pieces and comes in a protective pouch. My stick looks slightly strange in the photo as I had a piece removed (I am only 4ft 7”). There are black bats, tree silhouettes, orange and yellow stars on a greyish background. Depending on the lighting and background the grey takes on a lavender tint.  The stick comes with a black non slip ferrule and a chrome collar. The colours aren’t exactly the same between the handle of the cane and the shaft (not a design flaw but due to the different materials used to make the stick) and I think that adds to the spookiness of the design. The derby shaped handle is comfortable to hold and the height of the stick is easy to adjust, just press the silver buttons at the top of the shaft and slide to the height you want. Without having any adjustments made to the walking stick it is adjustable from 79cm to 89cm.

I enjoy using this stick. The theme and graphics are really cute and eye catching. I shall continue to use it when Halloween is over! 



I purchased the item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own 

1 comment: