About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 2 September 2023

Save The Bees: Bee Revival Kit

 

Even though bee season has nearly ended there are still a few buzzing around (I have taken the photographs) and readers may find this useful for next year. I have several 4ft lavender bushes in my front garden and kept finding exhausted/dying/dead bees on the flowers. I hate seeing any animal in pain or suffering. So I researched causes and solutions to the poor little bees plight. 

Bees collapse/ die because they are overworked, need a boost of energy or a drink of water. The bee revival keyring/ bee thirst aid kit is from the revive a bee store from Amazon. The keyring is £11.49 and the paper hang tag is plantable wildflower seed paper. The gold key ring unscrews to reveal a glass vial containing Invertbee, a combination of fructose and glucose liquid. Unlike sugar syrup this will not crystallise as it dries out. This will give the bees the boost they need. Do not offer it to bees that don’t need it, they won’t thank you for it! A percentage of every sale is donated to Rewilding Britain. 

A useful tool to help a tiny much needed member of the wildlife community which is often overlooked or seen as scary! I have used it several times and the bee did seem to be revived- it flew off. I know one definitely did survive as it only has three legs and I saw it back at work the next day. This is a great concept and I like that a donation is made to a worthwhile charity. 

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.  




No comments:

Post a Comment