About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 30 August 2023

InTheFrow X Edge of Ember Cosmos Collection Ring Unboxing






 I know this collection was In The Frow’s first with Edge of Ember way back in 2020 but as the rings were £135 each I didn’t even look at them! Every year, however, Edge of Ember run an online sample sale where 10% of profits go to Solace, a UK charity which supports women and children at risk of abuse and violence.  Two of the rings, Orion and Nebula were on sale at £35 each. I didn’t purchase them to support Victoria Magrath but because I do like the style of ring and I was also supporting charity.

The Cosmos Collection focused on the constellation of the stars so the rings are aptly named Orion and Nebula. The Orion rings are made from recycled sterling silver and ethically sourced white topaz and moonstones, the gold version is sterling silver and 18k gold plate. The Nebula ring is Madge recycled silver with a pearl and again ethically sourced white topaz and 

I find the Orion rings very comfortable to wear despite the fact they are quite big, substantial,  chunky rings,  they look quite elegant and minimalist when worn, although I wouldn’t want to wear any other rings at the same time as they would over power them. I thought I would prefer the gold version but the silver gleams in the sunlight and even though the stones are tiny they almost look alive as they sparkle in different lights. 

I find the Nebula ring very uncomfortable to wear. I love the concept of the star shooting across the ring but it is just too bulky, wide and feels like it is cutting into the sides of my finger.  I also have a fear of pearls scratching my glasses’ lens and this one protrudes quite a bit! 

The rings came beautifully packaged in Edge of Ember packaging. I did purchase the Orion ear cuff when the collection was originally released, but never even opened it due to a family death,  so I will review it soon. 

I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 









No comments:

Post a Comment