About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Friday 27 September 2019

Review: Anna Sui Cosmetics 400 Mystical Red Rose Lipstick & 400 Magical Black Cream Blush

Anna Sui Cosmetics released some new innovative lipsticks and a blush as part of her Black Sui Rouge Autumn 2019 range.  I purchased the lipstick - Mystical Red Rose 400 (£19) and the blush - 400 Magical Black £23 - from Beauty Bay but are they really mystical and magical?

The lipstick is encased in a weighty, detailed black component with a spotty white heart embossed on the cap and “ Anna Sui” embossed on the tube itself, it is a duo lipstick - the outside lipstick is black and the inside is red and shaped like a rose. It is very unusual, pretty and is infused with the recognisable Anna Sui tea rose scent. The shade is a magically transformed red which is unique to the wearer. The red is the main colour whilst the black is the element that makes the colour unique as it reacts to the lip’s moisture.  The lipstick is very moisturising as it contains  a variety of seed oils and fruit extract. But is it mystical? I loved the colour of the lipstick and the packaging but found it to be slippy and difficult to control when applying. The longevity of the lipstick was good and it stayed glossy and vibrant. There is also purple lipstick available but I don’t think I am brave enough to wear it! It’s a nice lipstick which slots into the Anna Sui recognisable aesthetic but it doesn’t really take the concept one step further to make it mystical. 

The black magical blush is a cream that transforms from jet black to the wearer’s natural shade. Again the packaging is gorgeous- a black compact with a mirror that is actually usable, ‘Anna Sui’ is embossed in to the blush, it is infused with a tea rose scent and there is a spotty heart on the lid. The blush contains sebum and friction resisting ingredients which are supposed to prevent patchiness and enhance longevity. I love the packaging and the colour the blush transformed on me but it wasn’t necessarily a natural hue, more of a doll like red. I did find the blush patchy and hard to work with, I had tiny areas where the blush remained black and areas where I applied the blush that were slightly different shades. It is a magical, fun concept which, for me, didn’t necessarily translated into reality so I was slightly disappointed as I love the concept behind the product. 


I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 


9 comments:

  1. On one thing I have no doubt, they color decisively! Perhaps, to my mind, blush too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color is beautiful, I can imagine plenty makeup looks to clash this with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the second review of this product that I've seen. I can't wait to try it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read about this product before too. I'm not usually into makeup, but lately it's something I've been trying to make an effort with. Lipsticks are by far my favourite and I love the colour of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color. I'm not much of a makeup person, but I can appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lipstick, the color looks so hot. I'm definitely a lipstick kinda girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this lipstick, very stylish

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great lipstick color! I love the packaging

    ReplyDelete