About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 23 September 2019

Review: Paul & Joe Beauté Sparkling Eye Color In 07 and 08

I purchased Paul & Joe Sparkling Eye Color in 07 (La Mer Claire) and 08 (Metallise) from Beauty Habit. They cost $23 each (6g) plus shipping and customs. They took about a week to arrive and I got a cute free gift - a makeup pouch and mini setting powder. 

The P&J sparkling eye color pots are different to other, traditional eye cream shadows as their formulation is unique. They are gel based and have a lighter, mousse like texture.  They are infused with oils and pearl pigment which is sweat proof. They claim to last all day and leave a dewy pigment on the lids. Some of the key ingredients evaporate on contact with the eye lid, leaving a flexible layer of colour that lasts all day, moving with the eye lid, with no fall out, cakeyness or break up of the eye shadow. The colour is supposed to be buildable, taking you from day to night.

Sparkling Color in 07 (La Mer Claire) is a bold sea foam green colour.  I applied it with my finger and found that it glided on smoothly. The colour is intense, lustrous and buildable. There wasn’t any fall out, cakeyness or break up of the shadow. The eye colour took on different shades in different lights. I didn’t need to retouch during the day. I would wear this at weekends or going out in the evenings as it is quite a vibrant and eye catching fun colour.




Sparkling Color in 08 (Metallise) is a vibrant white silver. Just like 07 it was easy to apply, no fall out etc. I found this to be a more work appropriate shade. One layer added a dewy shimmer to my lids which could then be built up to full on metallic silver for an evening look. I could this shade to be more forgiving if I missed a spot or applied it slightly outside my lid - as I cannot move my neck and have hand/eye coordination problems o find it difficult to check my eye make up in a mirror and sometimes my hand doesn’t go where I want it to!



 I have oily hooded lids and normally cream shadows break up or become patchy very quickly.  These did not but stayed put and looked fresh and dewy for around 6 hours without need for a touch up, which I was very pleased about. The packaging is cute and travel friendly. 08 could also be used as a highlight,


I would purchase other colours in this range if they were more readily available in the UK. I love that they are quick and easy to apply, no fall out and even on my oily lids they last!

I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.







12 comments:

  1. Hands up I LOVE Paul and Joe, there designs are always so interesting and they always offer something really different. These are some great colours for your eyes as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I collect their packaging it’s so cute. Can’t wait for the advent that’s out in Nov

      Delete
  2. Never heard of this brand before but it does look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some lovely colors! I hadn't heard of this before, but I'm curious now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting set of designs. I love how vivid these colors are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like sparkling eye shadow. I need to check out these eye shadows

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that sure is a pigmented eye color!! and what I love about sparkly eye colors is the fact that they can match with any occasion, and they will surely look glam any way you put it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this brand before but I think I need to check it out. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the shades. They are definitely going to make the eye makeup pop.. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors and shades... I'm sure about the methalic, but they look great on the pics...

    ReplyDelete
  10. THe thing i love about reading blogs is that you come across products that you have never heard of before. I love the colours and shades. Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these shadows are so beautiful. I really like the the shimmer and the longevity.

    ReplyDelete