About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 29 September 2019

Review: Anna Sui Cosmetics BB Makeup Cream In 01 Light Beige

Anna Sui Cosmetics have created a  BB makeup cream (£24) which is supposed to smooth over and cover pores or rough skin and disguise any dullness, to create a smooth, natural, flawless finish. The cream can create a light, natural finish or be built up to create a full coverage look. Each particle of the cream is covered in a lifting powder which keeps the skin hydrated and is supposed to ensure a natural finish which lasts all day. Sui black tea rose scent is there but not over powering. The compact is refillable, with each one costing £18. 



I purchased my compact in 01 Light Beige (there are 3 shades available). It is housed in a weighty black compact which has “Anna Sui” and a butterfly embossed on the lid. The inside has s mirror, a BB cream makeup sponge (these can be repurchased for £3) and the cream itself which is housed under a mesh which protects/dispenses the product (15g). I found that the cream was easier to apply with a kabuki brush than the sponge which was just too small to do the job quickly. The cream left a natural finish, covering my pores and making my skin look smooth and fresh. It also disguised the redness and some of my blemishes.  The cream lasted several hours without breaking up on my oily skin and there wasn’t any transference. 
                                                   
I like this cream and will continue to use it. The compact is cute and I like that refills can be pi chases as this saves on unnecessary packaging etc. 

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.






19 comments:

  1. This is an interesting concept of BB cream. I am used to the liquid ones and never seen a powder one before. The coverage looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks really cool, I've never seen a powder BB cream before. Will have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks nice! I hadn't heard of this before, but it sounds pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never understood what BB cream was for! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looks incredibly effective! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always great when you find a nice compact for your skin type, especially when it lasts long and there is no transference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty case for the BB cream. This would be something that I would like to use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great option. I like that although is light coverage it does the trick. It's also great that it does not transfer. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This seems to be a really nice BB Cream. I like a more light makeup so I think it would be perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like that makeup has great coverage. Maybe I should try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fact that it has got great coverage. I always get the shade wrong when it comes to foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't used anything from Anna Sui is quite some time, sad the brand has fallen off my radar. I'm glad to hear this lasted well with your skintype!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’ve never used BB cream before. I had never really understood the purpose of it. Sounds like a nice light option.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like that you can refill the compact. It cuts down on a lot of waste that is caused by the beauty industry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've tried BB cream before and didn't love it, I'd be interested in trying this though! Especially with the refillable compact! Super clever on their part!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds really good, I tried a BB cream when they first came out and wasn't impressed, but this sounds like a vast improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  17. it looks like it has great coverage, i definitely need to try this

    ReplyDelete