About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 5 January 2020

Paul & Joe Beaute Lip Crayon 002 Lapin Rose


Paul and Joe Beaute have launched their Spring 2020 collection 2020. Consisting of lip and face products the lip wonderland products include a semi matte Lip Crayon (£14 for 6g). Available in 8 flattering shades they are housed in an elegant rose gold and white component which is quite slim. The crayon claims to be multi purpose as it can be used to contour, outline or fill in the lips. The crayons contain jojoba, orange and macadamia oils to keep the lips moisturised and hydrated. The pencil has a creamy yet firm consistency making it easy to outline and fill in the lips.  The rounded bullet pout tip of the crayon is supposed to deposit the perfect amount of product to contour, outline and fill in the lips. 
I purchased 002 lapin rose which is a rosey brick red shade. There is a slight tea rose scent but this slowly fades away. I could my lips did not dry out when I wore this product but felt hydrated both when I wore and removed the crayon. I felt the product could have been slightly softer so that it would have been easier to dispense the product. I didn’t find the crayon to be patchy and I only needed one layer to achieve fill opacity. My lips looked fuller when wearing the lipstick. I found the crayon made an a excellent lip liner, I just drew round the outline to achieve the perfect line which I then filled in. This would be a great gift for someone just starting out in makeup who wants products that are easy to use. 

I love that it can be used as both a lip liner and lipstick. I do wish that the  nib  was slightly larger as it would speed up filling in the lips. I like the semi matte finish which is more comfortable on the lips than the traditional matte liquid lipstick but still leaves an opaque wash of colour with a semi matte finish which lasts without transferring, cracking or flaking off. The colour is flattering and I will try other colours in the range.


  I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own 

3 comments:

  1. This looks great for sure! I am sure my wife would love to try it, she loves makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that Paul & Joe Beaute Lip Crayon 002 Lapin Rose ha such a beautiful colour and it is creamy yet firm enough not to break easily making it easy to outline and fill in the lips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine Nicole Alessandra10 January 2020 at 09:45

    I like the lipstick shade you chose. I have not tried this brand yet, but I would love to do so soon. I will get one each for my daughter and my niece too.

    ReplyDelete