About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 15 July 2021

Making Earrings from Paul & Joe Beaute Charms


The recent Paul & Joe Beaute Spring 2021 eyeshadow collection had little silver tone cat charms fastened to ribbons which kept the lids closed. I purchased Field of Clovers (£19) and Afternoon Picnic (£19) and I felt that the charms are too cute to be packed in my makeup box! 

 The charms are 3D and have a cat’s on the front and a cat’s face and chrysanthemums on the back. For the hoop version (which is the easiest and doesn’t need any extra tools, I repurposed them by cutting the charms off the ribbon (so it could still be used to hold the lid of the eyeshadow box in place) and hooking the charms over a pair of small hoop earrings. The stud versions needed jump rings and jewellery pliers to tighten the rings to make sure the charms didn’t fall off. I had removed the charms to make the first version, but as I prefer studs to hoops I reused the charms. I opened the jump ring so I could slide the hoop of the charm and the stud connector on to it, then used the pliers to tighten the jump ring so the charm didn’t fall off. It only took a few minutes to make and now I have a pair of unique earrings! 

If you don’t want to make earrings, you could make a pendant or bracelet charm by adding a jump ring which would allow you to slide the charm onto a chain and the charm to sit flush against your skin. 


I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own 




the charms 

4 comments:

  1. The charms are beauties - would be perfect on a bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative! They make beautiful earrings. Thank you for sharing the lovely photos and wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these earrings. I would love to make my own earrings. This is such a great summer activity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative use for these charms! I love them! Well done. ☺️

    ReplyDelete