About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 24 July 2021

Review: Erborian BB Crayon

  As my old faithful Bourjois CC cream ran out I was looking for a replacement. I liked a sample of the Eborian BB cream I received in a beauty box years ago, so I decided to get the travel sized BB crayon au Ginseng in Clair (fair) as it is currently on sale £16.10 rather than £23 on their website.

The BB crayon is a multi purpose stock which is infused with Ginseng. It is promoted as their BB Creme and hydration in a makeup and skin care stick. The crayon can be used as a concealer, to touch up or to even out your complexion on your whole face whilst also moisturising it. 

 I wanted to use the crayon to even out and cover my whole face. I drew stripes of the cream down my nose, cheek bones, forehead, chin and blended it in so my complexion was evened out and the redness was covered. I then went pack to cover any imperfections (spots) with another layer of cream. I found that the BB crayon left my skin looking natural and velvety with my real skin peeking through so it didn’t look like a mask. I found that even though it was a stick format the stripes blended out really well and I didn’t have to use as much as I initially thought I would. My makeup blended well on top of the product and my skin looked great. I would expect it to last several months if I use it 2/3 times per week. I found it didn’t clog my pores and I didn’t get any reactionary breakouts as I normally do when I’m trying out new complexion products. 

I would repurchase this and I have also purchased a travel sized BB cream just to try it out. 


I purchased the item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own. 





17 comments:

  1. I’ve been looking an alternative to the BB cream format too so this is really interesting and makes me more likely to purchase a stick type and something that lasts longer too is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Eborian BB crayon and cream sounds wonderful. I love the idea of having soft, velvety skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a wonderful product! I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic, so smooth and cover fantastically

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love BB and CC products. I gonna check this crayon. Thank you for idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colour ! Good idea to purchase travel size to try out ! Why didnt i think of that

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love BB creams but never seen it in a crayon form. Definitely have to checkout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great product. I love the ease of use with the crayon format.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to give this a try! The stick application make it easy, and I love that it blends so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't what is that for. But my wife will surely read this post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that's good for covering blemishes, it worked really well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...that BB cream has done some great work on you! Thanks for sharing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is nice to hear of a stick that blends well. Thank you for the relevant FYI

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice packaging! I hope my best friend tries the Erborian BB Crayon! Great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh - will definitely have to check this out. I am always looking for new products for my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the idea of a BB cream as a crayon - it seems more user friendly than tube or tub options.

    ReplyDelete