About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 24 July 2021

Review & Swatches: Paul & Joe Beaute Summer 2021 Collection

  The Paul & Joe Beaute Summer Collection 2021 is a beautifully thought out and creatively packaged collection. The theme of the collection is Afternoon Picnic. I showed in a previous post how I made the charms into earrings. I didn’t buy the whole collection, just the items that I will wear. 

 I purchased two out of the three limited edition eyeshadow trios. Afternoon Picnic consists of a taupe, ballet pink and a rose pink. Field of Clover consists of  a dark grass green, a lighter clover green and a silvery white shade.the shadows are infused and coated with jojoba oil, orange flower water and hyaluronic acid to ensure the colours don’t get muddy when blending and stay vibrant throughout the day. I love the white and clover shade of green in the field of clover trio. The green is almost translucent and very shimmery whilst the silvery white shade really makes my eye pop. As a glasses wearer the grass green is slightly too dark to use as anything other than an eyeliner, which I am sad about as I thought I had found my perfect green shade. I liked all three colours in the Afternoon Picnic trio. They are light and summery but also work appropriate shades. All the eyeshadows feel light on the eyelid, blend well and last all day, even during this mini heatwave.

I purchased two out of the three gel blushes. They are 80% water based gel formula designed to give a glow from within. I chose 001 Lumiere which is a light pink/ silvery blush which can be used as either a highlighter or blish. I loved the highlighter effect as it gave a healthy shine to the cheek bones. It also worked well as a blush, bring dimension and a glow to my cheeks. 002 Bavarder is a cherry hue.this blush added more colour to my cheeks and can be blended until the colour looks like a glow. This product gives my cheeks a healthy just gone for a brisk walk glow. I like both of these but would definitely repurchase 001. 

 Lip wise I purchased a liquid rouge tint and a liquid rouge shine. The shine is more opaque than the tint. The tint I selected was 01 Cocktail Cherry which is a glossy cherry sheen. It does smell of peppermint but this sooon dissipated. The gel based gloss is supposed to moisturise and plump the lips. My lips certainly felt moisturised both when I was wearing the tint and when I had removed it. I didn’t, however,  see any noticeable plumping effects. The other lip product I purchased was the rouge shine in 004 Cat Grooming. This is a highly pigmented gloss with a gel formula designed to moisturise and plump the lips. This is a rose nude gloss infused with rose honey, jojoba oil and orange flower oil creates a unites glossy, highly pigmented lip colour that isn’t sticky. I found this to be my perfect glossy nude lip colour. My lips did feel moisturised when wearing the shine and after I had removed it, I didn’t really notice any plumping effects, but that isn’t something I look for in a lip product.


I liked all the items in this collection and would definitely repurchase the cat grooming lip shine and lumiere blush. 

I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own.












3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours
    Cat grooming lip shine is a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour palette and they look so natural when applied! The eye shadows are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely collection and I love the look of the lip shines x

    ReplyDelete