About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 9 November 2021

Making #Disney #winniepooh ear cuffs

 
I stupidly stood on a pair of my Essential Winnie the Pooh Couture Kingdom stud earrings and bent the ear posts back so they were unwearable. To try and salvage the cute Winnie cabs I decided to make them into ear cuffs (and I liked the finished cuff so much that I made Eeyore and piglet cuffs as well).

To make the ear cuffs I used double lines ear cuffs (£10 for 1 or £17.50 for 2), 5 minute epoxy resin, a cuticle stick to apply the mixed resin and pliers if you want to remove the ear posts your self. 

First I removed the ear posts (I did 2 sets myself and took the other one to my local jeweller as they were too well made for me to remove myself with my puny pliers) and held the cabs (Winnie, Eeyore and Piglet) against the cuffs whilst they were on my ear to decide which would be the best position for them to be glued on. 

I then mixed the glue, equal parts from each tube. You have to work fast as epoxy resin dries quickly and smells awful. 

Using an orange stick I put a line of glue along the back of the cab and positioned it against the cuff  holding it in place for a few minutes. I then left it for 24 hours to make sure the glue had totally dried. I did try to make an ear cuff with a single line cuff but there wasn’t enough support to hold the  cab in place. Even when the glue was dry the cab fell off when I tried to put the cuff on. 

Once the glue is dry they are ready to wear! To take the overall aesthetic up a notch you could take the cuff and cab to a Jewellers and get them to silver solder them together and cut off the double lines that are still visible through, for example, Piglet’s ears and back, but overall I think my repurposed Disney ear cuffs are cute. 













4 comments: