About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 7 November 2021

Review: Disney Store Beauty and the Beast Legacy Hanging Ornament

I was shocked to see that the original Beauty and the Beast animated film is 30 years old this year. I remember going to see it at the Cinema when it was released and loving Chip and Mrs Potts. Naturally Disney have released a 30 year celebration legacy sketchbook hanging pin celebration of this milestone and I was lucky enough to purchase one (they sold out quickly and have only come back in stock once).

The Beauty and the Beast Legacy Hanging Ornament costs £20 and can be purchased from the ShopDisney websites. The ornament features Belle and the Beast dancing within a glass globe/ dome/bell jar. The glass jar isn’t removable and has a rose engraved on it. I wish the glass was plastic as it will be very easy to smash it if it knocks against another ornament or if it is dropped. The ornament can be either free standing (which I prefer) or hing from the red ribbon which also has a 30 year medallion suspended from it.  The figures are a sculpted design with painted details. The ornament measures 11x7x7cm and is made from glass and resin. The little hearts surrounding the base are a lovely touch and show a great attention to detail. The ornament is part of the Sketchbook Legacy Film Anniversary Collection.  looking at my photos of the ornament I noticed that the Beast’s hand brown paint had sploged a tiny bit on to Belle’s dress, but it doesn’t spoil the overall aesthetic of the piece. 

I love this hanging ornament: Belle’s dress is so vibrant and detailed whilst the Beast’s tortured yet besotted expression has been captured perfectly. The ornament came packaged in styrofoam and a cardboard box so hopefully Disney has fixed the shipping issues which resulted in lots of damaged ornaments last year. 


I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own.







2 comments:

  1. So beautiful and special - will make the perfect gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this lovely post. This looks like a beautiful ornament. I agree it would be wiser if it was made of plastic.

    Pastor Natalie
    Letstakeamoment.com

    ReplyDelete