About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 26 January 2022

Book Review: A Blues Singer to Redeem Him by Elle Jackson

Set in the 1920s this debut novel by Elle Jackson is a step away from the traditional Mills & Boon Historical novel in terms of storyline and era. 

Evelyn is still struggling to recover from losing her parents in a terrible act of violence whilst she still pursues her dream of becoming a blues singer and also supporting her beloved grandmother. Lorenzo is the one and only heir of the deLuca family. His family is intrinsically linked to the Mafia mob and all its violence. Lorenzo wants to move away from this influence but his father doesn’t. Lorenzo has made many enemies but now he has met someone he has fallen in love with and wants to protect whilst also removing the mob links from his family but can he have and do both?

This is a fascinating story that doesn’t sugarcoat or romanticise the mafia and the violence in the 1920s club scene. It’s not the traditional backdrop or setting for a historical romance but it definitely works. The main story is between the developing relationship between Lorenzo and Evelyn whilst the secondary storylines of violence and the mafia take the storyline to the next level. 


I love Mills & Boon UK and I think you will too! Click my personal referral link to get a discount on your first purchase http://rwrd.io/f4yjeqp?c 


I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted


No comments:

Post a Comment