About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 24 January 2022

Review: Mollys Mice Catnip Mice

My beloved cat Alfie died unexpectedly a few months ago. I have since adopted an ex feral of 5 years cat called Zeus from my local Cat Protection. As he is an ex feral he doesn’t know how to be a house cat who does zoomies, has toys, food on demand and cuddles. After reading the Mumsnet cat forums the most popular cat toy appeared to be Mollysmice catnip mice. I purchased the two pack in yellow and blue via their Etsy store (£7.95) and they arrived promptly.

The mice have caught Zeus’s attention. They have been tapped a few times whereas Alfie’s toy box full of cat nip toys has been ignored. I think it’s down to the strength of the cat nip. You can smell it when you take the mice out of the bag. The catnip is 100% maximum strength Canadian leaf catnip and flower catnip which has certainly attracted him to them. The mice are hand cut and stitched so no chance that the nip will fall out. The tails are long so there is less chance of getting swiped when playing chase mousie (we are not up to that stage yet, he has only just got so he can cope being in the same room as me). 

Zeus and his cat slave (me) would recommend these catnip mice. They are brightly coloured and the combination of catnip catches the cat’s attention. The fact Zeus has even acknowledged them is a breakthrough for us as I was being to think he would stay a feral cat. No photos of him swiping one as he runs when he sees the camera. Maybe in a few months he will be able to cope with his photo being taken. Anyway they are Zeus approved. 

I purchased the item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own 

No comments:

Post a Comment