About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 17 January 2022

Book Review: The Return of Her Long Lost Husband by Joanna Johnson

 The Return of Her Long Lost Husband by Joanna Johnson is. Mills & Boon historical romance with a second chance at love storyline. 

Nathaniel Honeywell is expecting to be met by his wife, Hester Honeywell, with open arms after returning from the dead. Persuaded by his father, Nat left Hester when she was very ill, to go on a voyage.  Nate’s ship, Celeste,  sank and he was captured. Enslaved in Algiers he lost his eyesight in one eye and a finger but gained a friend, Jacob Marrow. He has been missing, presumed dead, for 5 years. Obviously Hester is now not thrilled to see him, she is loving her new life as a widow and sees no need to find someone else, although her sister, Diana, thinks otherwise. Nate married Hester because his father wanted him to. He treated her very coldly during their short marriage and valued money over… well her. Can Nate redeem himself, rid himself of the perceived shame of being a slave, get out from under his father’s control and ultimate attempt to blackmail him to go back to sea voyages and save their marriage or is their marriage doomed to be like his parents? 


I love Mills & Boon UK and I think you will too! Click my personal referral link to get a discount on your first purchase http://rwrd.io/f4yjeqp?c 


I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted


No comments:

Post a Comment