About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 29 January 2017

February Birthstone: Amethyst

 Amethyst is the birthstone for February.  Amethyst is a quartz that spans the purple spectrum with hues ranging from darkest purple to pale lilac.  Ancient Greeks and Romans believed this stone would protect the wearer from drunkenness and  promote a balanced mind.  In the middle ages amethyst was associated with royalty.  Amethyst was also worn by the clergy as the stone represented a deity for Christ. Now amethyst is associated with peace, stability and courage.




No comments:

Post a Comment