About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Paul & Joe Limited Edition Pressed Face Powder, Secret D'or & Face Powder Case

                   

It is no secret to those who know me that after my  jewellery  collecting obsession comes Paul & Joe Beaute. I wore a blue cat print shirt with matching lipstick case to my PhD graduation over 10 years ag and have collected their makeup priatily for the packaging ever since then.

Paul & Joe Beaute was established in 2002 by Sophie Mechaly following on from the success of her fashion line - Paul & Joe (there is now also Paul & Joe Sister). The beauty range often mirrors the quirky prints that can be seen in her fashion designs and the designs are always feminine, fashionable, quirky and fun.



Launching on September 01 2017 the limited edition face powder is £26 and the sparrow compact £10.  The pressed face powder is almost like a gemstone. The golden, glimmering champagne pearls are in colour correcting tones.  The powder brightens the skin, adding luminosity rather than a glitter ball shine, evening out pores and even out the skin tone, making your skin look flawless. The powder does have the traditional P&J Beaute floral scent but it is not overpowering and soon fades away. 

The limited edition compact case is £10, has a cute little sparrow wearing a bobble hat on the top and is sturdy.  It is plastic (I dropped mine on the floor and it was fine) and the mirror is quite magnifying.  The case fits any Paul and Joe pressed powder. 

I purchased mine from Amazon UK but they will also be available from ASOS and Beauty Bay.


No comments:

Post a Comment