About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 9 November 2019

Colourpop Part 1: Midnight Masquerade: Beast Lux Liquid Lip & Horse & Carriage Pressed Powder Highlight


As part of their Midnight Masquerade collection Disney collaborated with Colourpop to create a collection of blushes, pressed powder highlighters and lux liquid lips. These items are available on there own or as sets of a lux lip and either a blush or highlighter depending upon which set / princess you choose.  As you may know, Colourpop is not readily available in the UK so I purchased mine via eBay and the seller fluffelia_beauty


The Lux Liquid Lip is a new matte lip formula created for the Disney collection. This liquid lip creates a pillowy soft, diffused look. I chose Beast which is a mid toned, pink nude lipstick. I really like this colour and formula of lipstick. The colour is a beautiful everyday rosy pink on my lips. The formula is a matte finish. As it is very sheer I found the lipstick didn’t crack or look patchy. The lipstick was buildable from a just there look to a more opaque finish. The scent is a sweet frosting, vanilla which isn’t overpowering and does fade away.  I would buy more of these lipsticks. The packaging cute. The box has a picture of Belle on it whilst the lip component has a blue sparkly lid. 

The  Horse & Carriage pressed powder highlight is a limited edition softly pressed, powder, blendable high shine highlighter. In the pan the highlighter looks like any pretty champagne pearl coloured highlighter, but upon application it has a unique blue undertone. The packaging is beautiful. The compact is cardboard with a mirror on the inside. A sketch of Cinderella as imagined for the Midnight Masquerade collection is featured on the lid. I liked this highlighter but found that it emphasised texture I didn’t even know I had. I think if I purchase any more items from the Coll I will try a blush as the the highlighter pan is quite large and will take a long tome to use up! 

I purchased my items and the Disney items in part 2 of my review from Fluffelia_beauty.  I know the items are more expensive than purchasing directly from Colourpop but not extortionately so. Purchasing from a reseller means that I don’t have to deal with customs, items being delayed, damaged or lost etc. My items arrived within 2 days of ordering. They were packaged securely in a Jiffy bag and bubble wrap. She kept me informed of tracking numbers, postage date etc so I could track them in the postal service. I was very pleased with the customer service and would purchase from this seller in the future. 


I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 


Horse & Carriage Highlighter


14 comments:

  1. The colours are beautiful - will make a GREAT gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and the packaging is the most amazing of all! I would love to get something like this for my granddaughter! She is so into Disney and makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bow that these items come in. This would make a great gift for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these colors. My daughter would be a huge fan. She loves her Disney stuff.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I love Disney Princesses! Oh yeah! The make-up? I am crazy about it! I want this bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the packaging! And the colors are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love Colourpop makeup, it's so fun. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty and I love that they collaborated with Disney in creating this collection. I love the lipstick color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cool collection, a perfect gift for my closest gal pals, and myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks nice and have pretty colors. I've heard my sister talks about The lux liquid and she would recommend it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, you look great, nice colours, looks a great texture

    ReplyDelete
  12. As said before. The colors are great. And i am a guy.
    And disney always sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great brand! I love the colors. It would definitely make a great gift. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are great neutral colors that would be awesome for "everyday wear"! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete