About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 22 August 2020

Review: Anna Sui Lip Rouge Pen 500 Brick Red

I purchased the Anna Sui Lip Rouge Pen in 500 Brick Red (£25) primarily because I love the packaging. The pen is a hybrid of a lipstick and a lip gloss - vibrant shades without the stickiness associated with gloss. The finish is a velvet semi matte vibrant colour. The pen has a twist up mechanism and is applied with a brush applicator. The rouge contains collagen to plump the lips and botanical oils hydrate and protect them. The colour can be applied as a flattering lip tint or built up for a bold wash of vibrant colour.



I chose the colour Brick Red. I found the shade was way to dark and unflattering on me if I applied several layers but looked flattering as a tint using just one layer of product.  The product lasted several hours and through a meal, fading in a flattering way. It is easy to apply with the brush and the pen itself is very stylish! 

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own. 





3 comments: