About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 15 August 2020

Review: Paul & Joe Beaute Fall 2020 Parisienne Girl Collection ( Part 1)


Paul & Joe Beaute created The Parisienne Girl Collection for Fall/Autumn 2020. The Collection includes 3 Limited Edition refillable lipstick and compact cases, 5 matte lipsticks and 8 refill eyeshadow duos. Part 1 of my review will focus on the eyeshadow and compact products, part 2 the lipsticks and refillable lipstick cases. 

This collection saw the introduction of 8 eyeshadow duos (£19): 01 French Pastry has a combination of creamy ivory and canele dark brown; 02 Evening Dress a deep wine red and rose gold; 03 Sour Lollipop a bright yellow and pink 04 Ciel de la Nuit violet and dark grey; 05 Happy Rainy Day blue and purple 06 Sweet Song brown and pink 07 Marsh Bird khaki brown and blueish grey and 08 Tropezienne includes an orange beige and soleil reddish orange. I chose 08 as I don’t have any orange eye shadows colours and would never have thought to have worn them but I emailed the Paul & Joe Beaute adviser who runs their social media accounts to ask which eyeshadow would complement the Nounours lipstick and she suggested Tropezienne. The eyeshadows can be worn as a wash of colour or built up for a more dramatic hue. I found that to be really seen behind my glasses lenses I needed to add more shadow than if I wasn’t wearing them. The shadows have an oil base so they go on smoothly and the particles blend easily. The duo also included a mini brush. 

My eyeshadows went on smoothly with very little fall out. They blended very well and I used the lighter shade as a highlight. Despite there being only 2 colours there are so many ways to wear them. My colours are very vibrant and summery and I have already worn away the embossing on them as I have worn them every day. I didn’t like the mini eyeshadow brush as I have problems using my hands and it was too small for me to hold but I can see it being useful for touch ups on the go etc. The eyeshadows do have a tea rose scent but it does dissipate quite quickly. 


The refillable compact cases (£7) come in three collectible designs. I chose 026 which is a fun print with a teddy, cat and rocking horse print on it. Made of a sturdy cardboard with a plastic insert it can hold P&J refillable blushes, eyeshadows and eyeshadow powders. It is a cute addition to my collection. 


I like both these purchases and as I have already mentioned have worn the eyeshadow duo everyday. I would try other duos as I like the formula. 


I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 


1 comment: