About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 22 February 2018

Pixi Beauty Cleansing Routine



I have very stressed skin due to long term illness, chronic pain and reaction to my medication.  I have tried lots of different combinations of products and the ones that work best for me are the ones that exfoliate and remove impurities. My skin is by no means perfect but it it is a lot better than it was. I alternate between the Alpha H range and this Pixi Beauty routine. 





 Cleanse: I use the Glow Mud Cleanser (£18 for 135 ml) as both a daily cleanser and as a twice weekly mask.  It contains 5% glycolic acid which improves the look of my skin making it glow.  The mud purifies, exfoliated  and cleans out my pores.  It smells very fresh and herbal due to the added botanical oils.  I also use this as a mask.  It doesn't feel as cold and slimy as traditional face masks and my skin always looks refreshed after using it this way. To use as a cleanser massage a small amount into damp skin then massage for around 30 seconds then clean it off.  When I use it as a mask I apply  a thick layer, let it dry then remove with a flannel and warm water.  





Tone: I use the Glow Tonic (£18 for 250ml) to tone, firm and tighten my skin.  It contains glycolic acid which is a natural derivative of sugar cane and is part of the alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) family so sloughs off and gently exfoliated the dead skin cells revealing healthy fresh skin. Glow Tonic contains aloe which soothes and hydrates the skin, ginseng promotes oxygenation and improved cell turn over whilst witch hazel firms and tones the skin.  It refines the look of pores, encourages faster cell renewal which will reveal healthy glowy skin, balances and purifies the skin.  It is alcohol free. Cleanse skin, apply Tonic when needed with a cotton pad, sweeping saturated pad across face, neck and décolleté (avoid the eye area) then apply moisturiser.  I find this Tonic brightens, exfoliates and tones my skin - I have used numerous bottles over the last few years and wouldn't be without it!


Moisturise: I use several different serums, moisturisers and masks.  The Overnight Glow Serum (£26 for 30ml) is a concentrated exfoliating gel, containing 10% glycolic acid and arginine.  The serum helps exfoliate the skin, revealing more radiant skin tone.  Working overnight the serum reduces the appearance of fine lines and Overton fades sun spots.  The serum is enriched with cucumber and aloe which calms skin and vitamins A, C and E nourishes the skin.  Use in the evening and leave on overnight.  Apply 2-3 drops, massage in to the skin.  Let it sink in then apply moisturiser.  I find the serum is quite sticky and thick - so it is hard to pick  up and dispense with the pipette, but it sinks in quite quickly without leaving any sticky residue.




Rose Oil Blend (£26 for 30ml) is a combination of rose geranium, rosehip, sweet almond , jojoba and pomegranate seed oils.  This oil  rejuvenates, restores and renews the skin's glow.  Suitable for all skin types thizs serum can be applied in the morning and evening and a few drops used in moisturiser. I sometimes use a few drops on a face mask in order to add moisturise if my skin is feeling dehydrated or dry.  I like to use this oil on my lips the seal it in with a really thick lip balm.  




The Beauty Sleep Cream (£24 for 35ml) is great applied over the Overnight Glow Serum. Containing lavender, bergamot, lemon and 100% mango butter, the cream feels and smell luxurious and relaxing to use.  Calming and balancing skintone and nourishing, hydrating  and protecting your skin whilst you are a sleep , It soaks in really quickly whilst you get an occasional brief lingering smell of fresh lavender. 








The Nourishing Sleep Mask (£18 for 45ml) is a top up for your night moisturiser.  Designed to be used 2-3 per week applied over your night time moisturiser (or applied on it's own as an in flight saviour), this mask contains glycolic acid and arginine which hydrate and plump the skin overnight.   The flower and fruit oils soothe the skin, arginine strengthens and the glycolic acid plumps it. This mask is designed to seal in any serum, moisturiser or oil that is applied beneath it. 


I love, and have repurchased all these items several times and they are staples in my skin care routine. I like Pixi Beauty as they do not test on animals and their products are suitable for all skin types. If, however, I didn't like the contents so much, I wouldn't repurchase.  I  find the lettering comes off the packaging pretty quickly, leaving the tubes looking scruffy.  The oils are difficult to dispense through the pipettes - the glow serum seems almost too thick to be easily dropped out.  The pump on the sleep cream gets blocked and so has to be unscrewed and squeezed out.    As I am someone who has coordination and problems with grip I find these issues to be annoying and I wish they would repackage these items so they that they are easy to use.  Having said that I will continue to purchase as I find these items suit and help my skin.

I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.  

All these items can be found at the online Pixi Beauty UK store, ASOS and Pixi Beauty stockists.

No comments:

Post a Comment