About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Friday 26 June 2020

Review: Karen Young Jewellery Labradorite & Champagne Diamond Sterling Silver Pendant

I was lucky enough to win this beautiful pendant I am reviewing in this blog post in an Instagram competition run by Karen Young Jewellery. Karen Young designs and makes silver and gemstone  jewellery. Her inspiration for the designs appears to be nature and minimalistic designs which are unusual and affordable.

My pendant is sterling silver with a labradorite as the main stone and tiny champagne diamond on the base. There are also two tiny 9ct gold accents surrounding the diamond. The pendant measures 1”x1/2”. The sterling silver chain is chunky and so different from the very slim chains that most jewellers use.  As the chain is chunky it doesn’t seem to get tied up and tangled as slimmer chains do, which is another plus as I struggle to untangle them!

The necklace is stylish and comfortable to wear. The detail on the back of the pendant means that it doesn’t matter if it flips over as it looks like a pendant rather than just the normal claw setting that would be used to hold the stones. The stones compliment each other. Labradorite is one of my favourite stones as it almost comes alive with flashes of different colours under different lights. The champagne diamond makes the whole pendant as it gives out flashes of orange and red. I would also wear the chain by itself as it would look great pared with a crisp white shirt or dark pop neck jumper.

This item was a competition prize but I would purchase from this designer in the future. The rings especially are just that little bit different and reasonably priced.  I am pleased that I found this jewellery range and look forward to seeing what she designs in the future and where her brand goes.









5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous collection - wouldnt mind one too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fantastic, this is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are beautiful! I love necklaces

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pieces of jewelry! I don't have any labradorite, and it is a really pretty stone.

    ReplyDelete