About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 9 June 2020

Review: Paul & Joe Beauty Sparkling Eye Colour 005 Ronron

As part of their Summer 2020 collection Paul & Joe Beauty released three limited edition sparkling eye colours. I chose Ronron (£20 for 6g) which is a bronze and gold combination. The cat head is a nice touch and the packaging is sleek and very on brand. The colours are housed in a little glass jar. 

The colours feel unusual to the touch, bouncy and soft, having a cream to powder texture which can be used as either a sheer wash of colour or built up to a full opacity. They can be applied with either your ring finger or a brush. I found that even though my hands/ fingers are tiny I had difficulty getting the gold colour out of the pan without disturbing the bronze shade. It didn’t matter if I was blending the two colours together on the eye but if I was going for a one colour look I didn’t want the bronze colour making an appearance. I also used the colours as an eye shadow topper to add dimension and sparkle to the two brown shades I received in my P&J 2019 Advent Calendar. This is my preferred way to use the colours as it helps them last longer, gives them something to adhere to as even with primer my eyelids are oily and also gives more dimensional on to the eye than just using the colour by itself. The eye colours contains jojoba oil and hyaluronic acid to hydrate the eye lid  and help the colours blend. I did find the colours easy to blend but there was some fall out on to my face but this was easily dusted off with a brush. 

I enjoy using these eye colours but although the cat’s head is a nice touch it gets in the way and after a few uses looks a bit messy!  I don’t know if I would repurchase, the other colours don’t really catch my eye and I feel bronze/gold are more summery colours. 

I purchased the item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 


7 comments:

  1. As a redhead, bronze is a good fit for me. I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the type of person that wears makeup. The combination of bronze and gold looks nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really nice, the combination in my opinion works well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am loving that sparkling shade. It looks pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this eye colour looks so pretty, I love the shade

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the colour beauty collection

    Margaret Gallagher

    ReplyDelete