About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 30 June 2020

Review: SVP Rhodo Quartz Medium Highway Star Gold Vermeil Adjustable Ring

I first saw the SVP Ring collection  when it popped up on my suggested Instagram feed. I loved that Maureen the dog features heavily in Sarah’s (owner and designer) Instagram stories and that she obviously cares about her employees and the surrounding environment in Jaipur, India.  I enjoyed watching her “take” us with her as she showed how her rings are made, and most recently raising awareness of the plight of the tigers. 

So to the rings. Sarah Parnham is the owner and designer of the SVP Jewellery adjustable ring collection. A chance meeting in a jewellery workshop in Jaipur sparked an interest as one ring was designed as a thankyou gift. Her friends back in the UK loved and wanted this ring but couldn’t remember their size so the adjustable ring was born.  A whole adjustable ring collection grew from that one ring. 

The first ring in my collection is the Rhodo Quartz Medium Highway Star Gold Vermeil Adjustable Ring (£99). The Highway Star collection is  inspired by a long hot summer on the Cote d’Azur. The colour palette focuses upon blues, greens and brownish pinks, all colours associated with the Mediterranean Sea.   The Vermeil is recycled 18 carat gold gold plate on recycled sterling silver. I like that the band and setting of my ring have had a past life and using recycled precious metals is a way of combating not fast fashion but fast Jewellery. I picked the rhodo quartz stone as it looks very moody and temperamental, just like the sea. It is a brown/pink colour but as you can see from my photos as it is a cushion cut stone it changes colour and has different refractions when placed the sun etc. The stone measures 8x8mm so it is quite an eye catching piece. The setting does extend slightly from the band, so if like me you wear glasses and have allergies, be careful when itching your eyes as you could catch your lenses.

I love wearing my ring as every time I wear it the stone looks slightly different in colour depending upon the lighting or what I am wearing. I was slightly unsure at first about the adjustable ring element as I associated the concept with rings that I would get from the seaside out of the machine that dispensed surprise gifts in little eggs or plastic balls. I was pleasantly surprised as the band is very comfortable to wear and easy to resize. I bought the wooden mini mandrel  as this is what Sarah suggests to use when adjusting the ring to the size you want rather than just forcing on said finger and risking damaging the band. I did display my rings on the mandrel until my cat spent a happy afternoon taking them off and hiding my rings all around the house! 

The ring came packaged in a magnetic flip top SVP branded gift box with a card outlining the properties of the ring stone. Apparently the chakra of the Rhodo Quartz stone is heart and the stone is supposed to recharge the wearer both mentally and physically, heal emotional pain and make you more resilient and able to cope with whatever the world has to throw at you. 

I have several more SVP ring reviews coming in the next few days and several SVP ring competitions. 

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own 





3 comments: