About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 18 April 2018

Anna Sui Beauty Tray A



The very first product I purchased from Anna Sui was the  beauty tray with butterflies embossed upon each side.  It is still available on some websites, BeautyBay still have it in stock (£10.75) but I think it had been discontinued. I now have several lined up on my bathroom window sill and I use them to store beauty products, medication, bathroom cleaning items  and the spare key to the window.  They look like are made from black lacquer but are, in fact, plastic which makes them easy to clean.  They are also are quite wide and roomy so it easy to fit lots of oddly shaped items in them.

Anna Sui has brought out a new  butterfly Tray  for Summer 2018.  It is £13 and it is Beauty Tray A.  It looks as though it is made from black lacquer but is made from a substantial thick black plastic so it is easy to keep clean and won't get damaged or chipped if you store glass bottles etc in it and happen to knock/drop them against the side. Measuring 86.4mm(H)x161.9mm(W)x109.4mm(L). the base does not rest on the floor as does the original, instead the Tray stands on elegant legs which adds a further vintage feel to the design. The Tray fits into the gothic, victoriana aesthetic favoured by and associated with Anna Sui, complimenting the other mirrors, boxes and accessories, some of which I have already reviewed.  She has upgraded one of my favourite and most used beauty accessories by adding legs and making the sides of the Tray curve in with the shape of the butterfly wings she has made the Tray even more elegant and eye catching in design.  "Anna Sui" is embossed on the front of the Tray between the two butterflies.  It is a multifunctional storage item, it could be used to store all the items listed above or used to store jewellery, special trinkets on a dressing table but shoul definitely be out on display, not hidden away somewhere.  This Tray would not only be a great gift for collectors of Anna Sui items but would also be a good thoughtful present for people who like butterflies.

I purchased the item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.
Available: BeautyBay.com

1 comment: