About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 2 April 2018

Beak & Claws: Marc Jacobs Beauty: Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon in Night Mauves(310): Have The Lipstick Rules Been Reinvented?


Traditional liquid Lipsticks can dry out quickly, be messy to apply and uncomfortable to wear and crack or dry out after a few hours wear (crusty lips are never a good look).  Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayons are touted as "a creamy, 16-hour long wear lip crayon that has the look, feel, and wear of a liquid lipstick.”. Additionally these crayons melt[s] into lips with a lightweight liquid sensation, providing powerful one-swipe color with bold impact. A dose of innovative “ghost pearl” gives the matte look a dimensional sheen, which becomes more visible at certain angles to give lips a modern, never-before-seen finish". So has Marc Jacobs Beauty reinvented the lipstick rules or merely rehashed them

Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon comes in crayon form, contained in a slimline, sleek, minimalistic black twist up tube with the colour of the crayon clearly visible from the colour coordinated patch on the side of it.  The cap closes with a satisfying "click".  The end of the crayon is not that precise and cannot be sharpened so it will become harder to get a crisp line without using a lip brush to define your lip.



 The Liquified pigment  melts into the lips, is light weight, non drying and easy to wear.  One swipe of the crayon does  give an opaque finish and it is long wearing (I wore it for 8 hours without needing to reapply) but it does  not stay put for the promised 16 hours. The ghost pearl technology gives the lips a multi dimensional sheen whilst still retaining a semi matte, satinesque, finish.

I purchased  Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon in Night Mauves (310) is £22 (17g) which  is a warm pink with a mauve shift/ Pearl Ghost finish.  The colour looks very meh in the tube but when it is applied on the lips it really is a multi dimensional warm dusky pink with a mauve sheen. As someone who has spatial awareness problems, hand/eye coordination issues and has difficulty reaching parts of my face as I cannot reach very high, I found the crayon easy to use. The cap could just be popped off and on, the lipstick twisted easily and one twist brought up just enough product. I found it easy to use once the crayon had worn down a bit as I could just crayon in my lips, being more careful around the edge of my lips. I liked the weightlessness of it on my lips and I will purchase other colours in this range.  I found it takes around 10 minutes for the lipstick to dry, but it does last longer if you wait.



So has MJ Beauty reinvented or just rehashed the lipstick rules? They are crayons rather than the tube component plus doe foot applicator, easy to apply etc, comfortable to wear, fairly long lasting, light weight, don't crack or get crusty.  They are not, however, completely Matte, but leave more of a satin finish, there is a slight transfer on to cups and the back of my hand.  The ghost pearl technology adds a new dimension to the lipstick rules but does not necessarily reinvent them.

I purchased this item myself and all views expressed in this blog are my own.

I purchased the item as part of a Sephora Favorites box Give Me Some New Lip Kit ($28)




No comments:

Post a Comment