About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 21 October 2019

Chantecaille: Lip Veil In Tamboti & Luminescent Eye Shade In Elephant

Chantecaille recently released their Autumnal collection - a new Lip Veil In Tamboti (£40), 6 Luminescent eyeshadows (£48 each)  and a new shade and sweep eyeshadow brush (£37).





The Lip Veils are a conservation conscious lip line that seeks to raise awareness of the plight of the African elephants and the need to protect their migratory path. The Lip Veils are a revolutionary light lipstick which glide on to the lips and are made from Fairwild and organic Baobab oil which leaves a layer of hydrating colour on the lips. The newest shade is Tamboti- a warm nude colour. It is comfortable to apply and left a nice wash of colour without being patchy or needing another application for a few hours. They aren’t a matte colour but have a sheen to them, making lips look luminous and healthy.

The new Luminescent Eye Shades are another of Chantecaille’s philanthropic initiatives as they launched their African’s Vanishing Species  Collection, designed around 6 species that are suffering a massive decline in numbers due to poaching etc. Each mini compact has a photo of the animal on the front and the colour is also named after it. They are works of art in themselves. Each photograph is taken by a famous photographer. There is an elephant shade (I got this one), giraffe, rhino, cheetah, lion and pangolin. 

The Luminescent Eye Shades are a gel to powder formula that can be used to add just a wash of colour to the eyelid or built up for a more dramatic monochromatic look. The pearlescent nature of the shadow means that the colour glimmers in different lights. They glide on easily, are cruelty free and long lasting. Apart from the price what’s not to like? I found I got little fall out and the eyeshadow did glide on easily. I used the new shade and sweep brush.  The colour looked completely different in the sunlight as it took on a golden tone. It is a great shadow formula and supports a wonderful cause but just like the lip veil line it is in the higher price bracket. I would love to try the lion or the pangolin shadows as they also seen stand out shades. 

The Shade and Sweep brush is £37.   It is vegan friendly and made from synthetic  fibres. It is supposed to deliver smooth and effortless results. I like that the brush is curved and fits precisely over my lid so I can easily and accurately lay down a wash of colour - my go to eye look. The bristles are soft and don’t feel or look synthetic. I do like the brush. I am not sure, however, if it is worth £37. 






I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 




18 comments:

  1. I love that the makeup brush is vegan. These products sound so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such lovely colors! I like that brush as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those eye shadows look really lovely! The brush seems really nice as well, I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how we have so many vegan choices for cosmetics and beauty now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's great we have so many ethical choices now! The shadows are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the shades - will make a PERFECT gift

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am absolutely in love with this. Saving the elephants from poaching is so important. I love the colors they have created to match each animal. This would be great Christmas gifts, for myself and my daughters. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh this is beautiful and would make such a great gift. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors! So happy they are vegan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is great to hear that the inspiration for these cosmetics came from the need to build awareness of the plight of the African elephants and the need to protect their migratory path.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colors! It’s good to know that these products are vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great that these products are vegan. I do like the color of the eyeshadow, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will certainly have to check this brand out. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That eye shade is so pigmented and I love that lip color. I have always wanted to try a vegan brush. I'll have to buy one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never heard of this product until now but that sounds amazing. I like how pigmented it is and that it's vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow. these products are cruelty-free and amazing! :) i love the lip coloooor. <3

    cha @ littlemisadvencha.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are both great neutral colors! I like the eyeshadow a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chantecaille make their products so luxurious & the creativity of the animal kingdom is amazing on their packaging &m products.

    ReplyDelete