About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 15 October 2019

Review: Azuni Small Sculptural Ring & Iona Labradorite Studs

I was given these pieces of jewellery as a Christmas present but due to family circumstances have only just got round to wearing and reviewing them. One of my first pieces of expensive posh jewellery was Azuni. I have a picture of the earrings and pendant in an earlier blog post. Azuni wee established in 1996 and their ethos is to create fair trade and ethical jewellery which incorporates different designs and cultures. 

I already blogged about the Athena narrow sculptural cuff which remains one of my favourite pieces of jewellery. The small Thalia sculptural ring is made in the same  style but just has labradorite stones set in it. It measures 15mm and is 18k gold plate. The ring is adjustable and comes in a little Azuni pouch. I find this ring comfortable to wear. The labradorite stones change colour according to the light so can shift from grey to brown to a green which is why I like the stone so much. Like all Azuni pieces the ring is timeless, unusual and eye catching without being contrived or looking over done.

The Iona labradorite gemstone earrings are £20, measure approx 7mm in diameter  and are 24k gold plated brass with gold plated Sterling Silver ear posts. They come in an Azuni presentation pouch. The intricate setting makes the earrings stand out from just being stud earrings. The cut of the labradorite stone makes them flash different colours according to the lighting making the gem look vibrant and eye catching. They are easy to put in the ear and comfortable to wear. 




I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 






5 comments:

  1. Si beautiful - will make beautiful gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love shiny jewellery?
    I like the ring, but it kinda looks easy to brake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look beautiful. The ring is my favourite from this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how beautiful! i love jewelry too! it is always adding so much to the mood

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to go through this photos) so elegant this jewelry is. Any piece will make an outfit stand out by accentuating with its style.

    ReplyDelete