About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 13 October 2019

Review: Anna Sui Cosmetics Limited Edition Eye & Lip Colours

Anna Sui Cosmetics recently launched their Limited Edition Eye and Lip Colours. All the colours are presented in mini gold trinket style compacts with embossed butterflies on the lids. The colour of the butterfly relates to the colour of  the lip/eye colour.  All the colours are vibrant autumnal hues and cost £12 (1g) each. I purchased the lip colour in silk red,  eye colours in rusty brown and velvet green.

The silk red limited edition lip colour is a vibrant lip gloss with the distinctive Anna Sui tea rose scent. They are supposed to keep lips hydrated and have a high pigmented shine. I did find the colour to be highly pigmented and gave my lips  a mirror like high shine finish without feeling overly sticky or gloopy. The lipstick can be applied with either a brush  or fingers. I preferred using a brush as I found it to be rather messy and unhygienic to keep putting my fingers in the gloss. The container does loook like a piece of jewellery or a trinket but in real life it felt rather light weight and plasticky. It is still an unusual and beautiful item, it was just a bit surprising as Anna Sui’s compacts etc normally feel weighty and substantial, the compact could also have done with s mirror - I like to re apply my lip product when I am out but there isn’t a mirror in the lid as one would expect there to be.  I do feel the lip glosses (it is also available in orange) are good value with cute packaging and are great colours for autumn/winter, they just lack a mirror. 

The limited edition eye colours are packaged in the same mini gold trinket compacts as the lip glosses. Again the colours are vibrant colours with an autumnal/winter feel. They gave a slurry formula which create a velvety, multi dimensional finish. The eyeshadows can be applied with either the fingers or with a brush. I did enjoy applying and wearing these eyeshadows. They were easy to apply with either a brush or fingers. There was little fall out and they did not look patchy on the lid. I did feel that the rusty brown colour was golden rather than brown. The colours looked great worn by themselves for a monochromatic look or blended together. Again the only disappointment was the lack of a mirror and the light, plasticness of the compact. The overall effect of the compact is beautiful- the detail to the butterfly etc is lovely and eye catching but the overall concept is spoiled by these minor points. I would purchase other colours in the collection especially the teddy brown one as I feel it would pair well with the colours I already own. 


I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 





14 comments:

  1. I just use red lipstick and of course the silk red lipstick got my attention. I love that it has a tea rose smell. It's an awesome color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally digging these colors, I love a good red. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beauties - will make great gifts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the butterfly designs in these. The blue color is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some great colors! My daughter would love them. What a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colours! The lipstick is gorgeous. I have a very limited collection of makeup, but always seem to have a lippy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use lipstick once in a while especially when attending a special occasion such as a wedding. I love silk red a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so good to see this collection of lip and eye colours. I think that the packaging is so cool as it adds a special touch to the product. The colours your chose are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The packaging of these eye and lip colors are so pretty. I really like the antique look and butterfly print.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm just in love with that lip color! It looks nice and juicy - I hate the lipsticks that feel drying and annoy me, I like ones that are more moist, almost like chapstick with a major tint!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're such pretty packaging for the cosmetics. I like these very much

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't even know if I want the makeup, I just want the compact cases because they're so pretty! I haven't heard about this brand before but the makeup looks good in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the packaging designs, you can always count on Anna Sui to not be boring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would buy these cosmetics only for the packaging and the cases! OMG they are so beautiful and cute!

    ReplyDelete