About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Friday 15 May 2020

Review: Anna Sui Eyebrow Liner in Light Brown (N500)

Due to the Lockdown and not being able to have my eyebrows threaded, I decided to try out an eyebrow pencil. I purchased the Anna Sui Eyebrow Liner in light brown as it was in offer at Amazon UK for £3.37 (now back to the full price of £15). 







The packaging is nice and protective. The pencil is packaged in an Anna Sui branded box and plastic carton that slides out. There is a spoolie with a lid on one side and the twist up eyebrow pencil on the other. There is 0.14g of product. I love the spoolie, it isn’t too harsh and bristly but isn’t too soft, it feels quite therapeutic to brush the eyebrow hairs into shape. I found the light brown shade to be very light and more blonde than light brown. If I repurchased I would go for either the red/brown or brown versions as this was slightly too light for me. I found the pencil dispensed the right amount of product and I could get get the shade to work for me by going over the stroke marks I made a few times.

I would have liked a lid on the pencil  just in case of any mishaps as I wouldn’t want the nib to snap off. The nib was quite precise without being pointy, feeling scratchy and it was easy to draw eyebrow hairs with it. I did find, however, the pencil wouldn’t work under my eyebrow where I have scar tissue - I have tried other pencils and haven’t been able to get them to work there either. My brows do look more refined and defined in the after shots. As I wear glasses I find the tail end of my brow disappears but using an eyebrow pencil helps me shape them so that they can be seen!  Overall I liked the product and will keep it after it has run out as I like the spoolie. I would repurchase but would try a darker shade.


I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own 




1 comment: