About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 9 June 2021

Review: Westland Multipurpose Compost

To take my mind off the loss of my precious cat I decided to plant two small plants in his memory. The compost I purchased/ used was Westland multipurpose compost with added John Innes. I purchased it via Amazon with prime and each 10litre bag cost £3.95 including next day delivery.

The bags aren’t resealable but are made from sturdy plastic so it would be easy to roll the bag down and clip it if you want to store any left over. The peat felt light and fluffy and was easy to pour then manipulate where I wanted it to go. It didn’t clump  and retained water when I was watering my new plants rather than just filtering straight through.  The peat contains both nutrients to feed plants for up to five weeks and the added John Innes formula retains and releases nutrients and water for longer.  



This is my first time venturing into buying compost, plants etc and I feel using this compost made the process easy and enjoyable. 

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own 














1 comment:

  1. Take your time to heal - gardening is one of my favourite eascapes ! Love west moorland too

    ReplyDelete