About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 29 August 2018

Anna Sui Cosmetics Autumn 2018 (Lip & Eyes)



Anna Sui Cosmetics recently launched their Autumn 2018 collection. It is the cosmetics line's 20th Anniversary and so I was expecting big things, they didn't disappoint (but I wish she had done a coffret which was comparable to the Paul and Joe Beaute one). The aesthetic of this collection focused upon Anna Sui's instantly recognisable iconic Dolly Heads and vintage, gothic, lacquered furniture. I purchased the vanity face brush, rose lip color and 2 single butterfly face colors (I also purchased an empty makeup palette which is not part of the collection to put the single colors in).


The Vanity Face Brush  is £22 and measures 8.2x2x20xcm. The curved shape makes it really comfortable to hold and it is a gorgeous gothic/lacquered design. Neither Beauty Bay nor Amazon websites state that the brush head is a combination of goat and synthetic hair (Anna Sui website does state that the brush head is a mixture of  goat and synthetic hairs).  Amazon does, however, state the brush is not suitable for vegans but most veggies don't use animal based products.  I am a bit disappointed as although the brush is very soft and picks up and dispenses the right amount of product I don't like using animal products when completely synthetic alternatives are readily available.

The new Rose Color Lip Refills are £9 for 1g. Inspired by blooming roses the top of the lipstick is carved into the shape of a rose. The pan is magnetic so will fit in the Anna Sui makeup palettes or any magnetic based palette securely without falling out or moving around in the palette. There are 10 colours ranging from black to purple to pink. I chose magenta rose.  The colour glided on easily using a lip brush with no patchiness.   The colour is very vibrant and glossy, enhancing the shape and size of the lips.



The new Butterfly Eye and Face Color are single vibrant eyeshadow colours costing £9 for 1g.  they have a butterfly embossed on the top of the shadow and are housed in a magnetic pan.  They contain rose canina fruit oil, peach oil and macadamia  seed oil to keep the skin moisturised and prevent colour being patchy.  I found the colours I chose - green/turquoise and purple easy to blend. There wasn't much fall out but I did have to apply several layers to achieve an opaque finish.

The empty magnetic palette is LE palette No 5 (£12). It can hold up to 6 six single pans or 2 face colors. The pattern reminds me of Italian Micromosaic plaques or traditional canal barge floral art. It is a sturdy but eye catching travel friendly palette and as someone who wears glasses and has poor eyesight I really enjoy using the mirror, although I can now see all the imperfections!





The items I didn't purchase include the 20th Anniversary Ltd edition Russian doll inspired Coffret
which is available in three colour options and includes sparkly nail polish, lipstick, eyeliner and container (£30).  The Dolly  collectible Head Case (£10) has three head choices, each one holds a single Adventure colour are rather unusual (creepy).  Two LE Face Colors (£18), embossed with butterflies they are really cute and a Creamy blush (£19) are also available. 



I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own. 
Available at:
Amazon UK
Beauty Bay










4 comments:

  1. Oh Anna Sui can do no wrong, gorgeous as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've never seen these before!it's so different :-) love the brush. They sound really good for your skin too. Might have to treat myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of anna sui in a while, was so popular years ago

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beauties - never tried this range

    ReplyDelete