About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 26 August 2018

Review: Paul & Joe Beaute Autumn 2018 Moonlight on the Seine Eyeshadow

As part of their Autumn 2018 collection Paul & Joe Beaute released two eyeshadows: Rayon du Lune, yellow and brown eyeshadow in a swan cardboard container and Moonlight on the Seine which is a pink and brown eyeshadow in a floral container (£17 for 6.5g) and the shadow is embossed with snowflakes.  I chose the moonlight one as yellow eyeshadow makes me look ill!



The eyeshadow is mostly a pink shade. It leaves a soft and shimmery coat of eyeshadow and can also be used as highlighter. Although it doesn't look much in the pan, in swatches or on the eye, however,  it gives a healthy glow of colour which changes slightly under the light, giving the skin or eyelids a pinky iridescent glow - like moonlight.  The brown is nicely pigmented and goes on smoothly. I used the Moonlight highlighter over the top of both the brown and pink and it added a new dimension of colour to them.

I like that the eyeshadow can also be used as a highlight and that the container is compact and great for travel.  

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog post are my own. 
Available from:

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cosmetics and their packaging is always so pretty.

    ReplyDelete