About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 20 August 2018

Book Review: The Nurse's Pregnancy Miracle by Ann McIntosh

The Nurse's Pregnancy Miracle is published by Mills & Boon Medical and written by Ann McIntosh. Nychelle Cory is a nurse, who has overbearing Drs as parents who were more interested in her grades than showing her they loved her when she was growing up.  Nychelle has decided to have her much wanted baby via IVF and bring it up as a single parent.  She meets Dr David Warmington and is instantly attracted to him.  He doesn't want a family - he hasn't got over losing his unborn baby girl and his marriage collapsing as a consequence of this whilst she has already started hers! Will her baby bring the pair of them together?

I always find Medical romances a bit hit or miss. They can be one cluttered as they combine romance and medical issues sometimes so much so that one can overshadow the other! This is Ann McIntosh's first novel and I found it to be cluttered. There are too many storylines: coping with overbearing parents; coming to terms with a lost baby and marriage collapse and entering a new relationship whilst pregnant via IVF. All three would make great standalone storylines but together, somehow, they just don't work for me.  I found the book to be cluttered and struggled to finish it.

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley

Available from:
Amazon UK
Mills & Boon

No comments:

Post a Comment