About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 14 August 2018

Review: Paul & Joe Beaute Autumn 2018 Moonlight on the Seine Collection: Lipstick & Refillable Cases



Paul  and Joe Beaute launched their Autumn 2018 Moonlight on the Seine collection last week. I have split my review into three parts to cover lips, highlight and eyes.  As this is the first part of my review let me introduce you to the lipsticks and refillable cases.  There are three limited edition lipsticks, Artiste, a deep true red, Chansom, burnt orange and La Poete, a deep pinky red. Their RRP is £14 for 3.5g. All three are great Autumal shades.  I purchased Artiste, and it is the perfect red for cool toned fair skin and as a bonus makes my teeth look white. The lipsticks contain lily extract, jojoba oil, orange oil and shea butter which nourish and moisturise the lips. I found my lips did not feel dry, as they usually do, when I used makeup remover to take off the lipstick and they didn't feel dehydrated when wearing it. The lipstick has a slight sheen to it and I found that I could add another dimension by adding the moonlight cream highlighter as a lip topper. I really enjoy wearing this lipstick and hope they bring it back as part of the main collection.

The lipstick cases are, as usual, adorable. I collect the packaging and keep them all in glass jars to be admired as they are mostly made out of strong cardboard which would get mucky in my vanity case. P&J, however, have upped their game this season, making not only their usual £7 refillable cases but also creating an adorable 3D refillable cat lipstick case(£10). It has so much detail, cute paws, a smirk, and it feels so sturdy when the lipstick is slotted in the base. They are all currently sold out on Beauty Bay but Amazon are still selling them (1-2 month wait).



I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 

Available from Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment