About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 25 July 2018

Anna Sui Mini Brightening Powder & Powder Case



About this time last year Anna Sui Cosmetics brought out a sea shell embossed brightening face powder (2.5g and RRP £20) and a peacock powder case (£13). I didn't buy them as I was busy working through my stack of powders and although the powder case is pretty I only have so much room on my vanity! Recently they have brought out mini sizes,  the sea shell embossed mini brightening powder  is £10 for 9g and mini powder case is £8. The powder case comes with a puff and any mini Anna Sui pressed powder will fit in it.  I love the design of the case but wonder why they didn't go with an under the sea theme to match the beautiful seashell embossed powder.  They did a LE compact a few years ago (magical aquarium palette ).   As the items are mini they are great for on the go touch ups or to take on holiday.i

 

The brightening face powder is a finely milled weightless translucent powder designed to set foundation, use to touch up during the day, combat and remove excess oils, shine, and leave the skin looking fresh and bright with a glowing and radiant finish.  The powder does have a very faint tea rose fragrance, but it so disappears. The powder did reduce shine and set my foundation. I also used it without foundation and it did combat the excess oil, helped fill in the fine lines and left my skin looking velvety.   I only used one layer of foundation so I could show how the powder help conceal redness around the nose.I like the powder and think it's great that  Anna Sui has brought out minis.


I purchased the items from beautyBay.com. The items arrived in a timely manner and were well packaged.

I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.






No comments:

Post a Comment