About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Book Review: My Mamma Mia Summer by Annie Robertson


My Mamna Mia Summer is written by Annie Robertson and published by Orion Publishing Group.  It is a feel good, lighthearted summertime read.  Laurel, who hasn't taken a risk in her whole life consults her Abba albums and her favourite film of all time - Mamma Mia and suddenly takes a chance and books a holiday in Greece, Skopelos to be exact at the charmingly run down Villa Athena. She always planned to go with her beloved   Gran, Marnie, with her as she was also an avid Mamma Mia fan, so she goes in her memory.   Befriending the Villa's eccentric owner Laurel visits Greece's famous sites. Will she be the same staid, risk averse individual when she returns to London or as she feels more at home in Greece will she stay there?

I enjoyed Mamma Mia and the scenery etc so I felt that the descriptive scenes were well done, I can imagine I had seen them in real life or was right beside Laurel taking in the sights.  There are copious references to Mamma Mia, but even if you haven't seen the film, or seen it and hated it, it still makes a great easy, happy, carefree beach (if only) read.


received this book via Netgalley and Orion Publishing Group in exchange for a honest review.

 Available from: 
Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment