About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 22 July 2018

Review of the New Benefit Hello Happy Soft Blur Foundation Mini


This is a review of the Benefit Cosmetics Hello Happy Soft Blur Foundation in 01 Fair Cool (mini). The new Hello Happy Foundation was launched earlier this year and claims to be a light weight liquid foundation which gives light to medium coverage and contains SPF 15 PA+++. The mini version, 6ml and RRP £8.50, is an exact miniature of the larger 30ml version which costs £25.50.  Just looking at the cute little purse size bottle makes me smile as normally if you seen one foundation bottle you have seen them all as they are generic, similar, bland and boring. The new Hello Happy one is fun yet elegant with its smiley face and rose gold lid, but what does it claim to do and does it work on my greasy skin. 

The new foundation claims to "even out skin tone and blur imperfections with soft-focus optical blurring spheres. With a natural-matte finish and light-to-medium coverage, it looks like skin and feels like nothing at all".  

To use give the foundation a good shake and to start with use one drop and blend into the face. Apply more drops to build up coverage.  I felt that the Happy foundation feels like and  looks on the skin like a serum foundation. I found that it does blurs my pores, minor imperfections, fine lines and redness around the nose giving a natural rather than a heavy, cakey coverage. It does feel weightless on the skin, allowing the skin to breathe.   The foundation gave a natural tint to the skin so it looks like your skin but better.  As the foundation contains  SPF15 PA+++ it does smell sunscreenish, but this soon dissipates.  I wear glasses and the foundations didn't transfer or rub off onto the nose pads.   The foundation lasted around 7 hours on my very greasy skin without needing a touch up (I didn't use a primer).  I wouldn't really solely on this as my only facial SPF in the Spring/Summer but would use the foundation without extra sunscreen in the winter months.




If you like full coverage, Instagram ready foundation you will hate this, or maybe you won't. Maybe it will convert you to a lighter more natural soft matte foundation, at least for the hotter summer months.

I think the minis are a great way to try out the new foundation, are travel and purse friendly and are also great to use as a shade mixer if you tan in the summer or lose colour in the colder months as you can buy a shade to mix with foundations you already own to create custom shades. I would have liked to have more choice in the mini version. There are 6 in the mini and 12 in the 30 ml version.

I purchased this item myself and all views expressed in this blog are my own.

Available from all Benefit stockists.
Information can be found here: Benefit Cosmetics (UK)


1 comment: