About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 8 July 2018

Review: Pippa Small Vermeil Jade Square Stud Earrings.

These jade square stud earrings are made by the ethical Jewellery Pippa Small. She designs luxurious, hand crafted, ethically sourced pieces of jewellery.  These stud earrings are for pierced ears, made from gold vermeil (sterling silver covered on gold plate) and I chose the jade version (£80).  They are available in jade, white agate, lapis, brown agate and turquoise.  All her stones are ethically sourced. The jade stone measures 0.8x0.8cm and the earrings measure 1.5cm in length of the earring is 1.5 cm.  The earrings are made in Kabul (I have outlined the work she is doing with her Turquoise Mountain initiative in previous blog posts).

The earrings are incredibly comfortable and light to wear.  My mum found it easy to put the butterfly backing on the stud post (I can't lift my arm high enough to do it myself) as it easy to grip because the backing has three butterfly wings rather than the normal two.  The earrings are a cube design, so do not sit flat against the ear.  I have not caught them so far when fiddling with my hair or glasses! They are understated, elegant and their simplicity make the studs a timeless design as they go with anything and everything! They are a packaged in a silk bag as is all her jewellery.



I have moved away from the higher end popular Jewellery stores with their phalanx of Instagram Influencers and prefer to save up and purchase Items from this brand as I love and admire the ethics behind it and her items are so unusual and well made.  Even when I save up I can only afford the lower priced items (I also stalk Amazon UK as they sometimes stock end of line sale items).






I am giving away a pair of the white agate studs in my next blog post.


I purchased the earrings myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.

Available here:
Amazon UK







1 comment:

  1. They do look lovely, and a good size too, I often find them too large.

    ReplyDelete