About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 28 October 2018

Beaks & Claws: Essie Angora Cardi (42) Nail Polish Review

Looking through my blog posts I realised i have not posted any “claws” posts in my “Beak and Claws" series for ages so just to remind you all  that I wanted to maintain a link with the name of my blog - Sparkling Magpie - so that my lipstick (beak) and nail polish (Claws)  blog posts and blog name have a connection to the blog itself. To maintain consistency when considering longevity and potential chipping I always use the same base coat - NailHQ All in One.



Angora Cardi (42) nail polish is made by Essie (7.99) and is the most popular nail polish on Pinterest, pinned 400,000 times! Angora Cardi is a gorgeous autumnal, warm dusty rose with a mauve/brown undertone. The colour slightly shifts depending upon lighting so can look like a dark dusty pink or a plum chocolate colour. I found I needed two layers to make sure there was no streakiness and the colour was totally opaque. The polish dried within 10 minutes and lasted for 4 days without chipping or starting to peel off. My nails are extremely greasy thanks to my morphine patches and I find quite a few brands peel off within a few hours, even when I use a base coat, so I i was pleased at this polish’s comparable longevity. I didn’t particularly like the brush as it didn’t hug my nail so I had to go over them several times to make sure I hadn’t missed a spot - which can be difficult to do when I cannot look down to see what I am doing.

I love the colour and longevity of the polish. It is represents Autumn in a bottle without the orange and greens that are normally wheeled out as part of Autumn’s colour wheel. I found the brush hard to manage and so would get someone else to help me apply it when I wear it in the future. 








I purchased the item myself and all views expressed in my blog are my own. 
Available from all Essie stockists. 






9 comments:

  1. What a lovely shade! Absolutely perfect for autumn :)

    Rhianna x
    www.tsundokugirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty shade - it is perfect for Autumn! I only own 2 nail polishes that are Essie brand - a light pink and purpley shade. When I've painted my nails with them, they have seemed like good quality, but are quite expensive so I don't feel like I can do my nail art with them unless I'm going to keep it on all week! :P

    Amy,
    https://creativenails.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful shade that I definitely would wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely nail colour - perfect winter warmer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colour. I find some autumn colours too dark for my skin but this looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colour perfect shade for Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice nail colours. Will have to try these as looking for a durable nail polish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shades. I sometimes have problems with the brushes too. A lot of brands are using the big flat heads now and I can't get on with them.

    ReplyDelete